We take developing a website to the next level – not only do we specialize in developing professionally designed, easy-to-navigate websites, but we build in the features that matter most in today’s online community – a site that gets noticed!
By building a site with SEO (search engine optimization) enhancements, great usability, and accessibility best practices in place from the beginning, we ensure the best solution for driving the right traffic to your site.
We listen to our customers’ needs and anticipate future needs to ensure a flawless, manageable process. We strive to make planning, designing and developing a website easily understandable for everyone involved – no matter your level of technical competence.
Our team members stay abreast of the latest industry best practices, so you don’t have to.
3 Stages of Website Design & Development
A website design project can typically be broken down into 3 stages: Planning, Design and Development. Each stage represents approximately one-third of the entire timeline of a project.
A website design and development timeline ‘rule of thumb’ is 90 to 120 working days from beginning to launch. This applies to an average (approximately 30-page) website and does not include custom programming. Custom programming or shopping carts require longer timelines.
Below is a list of the main stages and their specific tasks:
- Website Planning
- Create an outline of the site content
- Create functional flow chart
- Document programmatic flow
- Gather general information including samples, style guides, images and graphic files
- Gather or begin writing content
- Create ‘wireframe’ layouts of key pages showing the position of content and graphics on pages
- Website Design
- Create color layouts based on approved ‘wireframe’ layouts
- Shoot photography or research stock photography
- Develop graphics
- Create style guide of colors and fonts for site development
- Website Development
- Develop style sheets
- Develop Web page templates